Product Development Engineer
Location: Medford, OR
Type of Work: Direct Hire
Salary: $85K to $90K
Product Development Engineer
• Our client designs, manufactures and markets Diode Laser Modules.
• Focuses on providing custom laser solutions that are high quality and cost effective.
• Located in Central Point, Oregon this client occupies a 6200 square foot custom designed facility.
• ISO 9001:2000 certified manufacturing company with our products compliant with FDA/CDRH and CE requirements.
• Over 400 customers worldwide, our products are used across a broad spectrum of industries including: medical, automotive, manufacturing, mining, lumber, machine vision, range-finding, as well as many others.
• Established in 1991, this client has established itself as a recognized name in the industry. Our customized production facility offers customers high product performance, rapid turn times, on time delivery, and to support both low and high volume OEM customers.
• Applications and uses for laser light are endless. New technologies are being developed daily that utilize the power and efficiency of diode laser modules. This client has been an active part of the industry since 1991 by providing global leaders in the medical, industrial, automotive, defense and other industries with quality products and exceptional customer service.
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
• Direct Hire Opportunity
• Extensive Benefits Package
• Cutting Edge Technology
• Collaborative Work Environment
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY: Product Development Engineer
• Immediate opening for an engineer with experience leading small to midsize product development efforts.
• The position’s primary responsibilities are 1) to lead custom product development projects, and 2) to utilize electrical engineering expertise to develop customized analogue circuits for DLC products. It is expected that the selected candidate will interact with customers to define and establish performance parameters, define project schedules, and ensure that cost targets are met.
• A high degree of organization and collaboration with sales, engineering, and operations personnel are required.
• Lead product development projects.
• Work directly with customers, sales, and management to define the project scopes, schedules, and budgets.
• Lead project execution efforts, with 3-5 simultaneous projects expected at any given time.
• Provide engineering expertise and assistance in project execution.
• Coordinate with operations staff to transfer and scale up new products.
• Utilize electrical engineering expertise to design, develop, and troubleshoot analogue circuits used to drive laser systems.
• Personal Characteristics
• The ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
• The ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
• The ability to diplomatically champion project priorities and goals.
COMMUNITY: Medford, Oregon
• Medford is famous in the US for its succulent pears. Bosc, Comice, d'Anjou, Bartlett, and Winter Nellis pears are all grown here. Its economy is centered on agriculture and timber products, and visitors will see miles and miles of fruit and timber trees in the area. It is a popular place to live in Southern Oregon. Its proximity to Ashland and Jacksonville draws many tourists who wish to take advantage of Medford's lower room and restaurant rates while visiting those cities. Medford is also in a central location for visitors who wish to access recreational areas such as Oregon Caves National Monument, Crater Lake, and the Rogue River Valley.
• Outdoor living and recreation is encouraged by the warm summers and mild winters. Within an 80 mile radius of Medford, there are 153 stocked streams for fishing, 17 lakes, boating and fishing on the Rogue River, and hunting and camping in 56 forest camps.
• Upper and Lower Table Rocks, 10 miles northeast of Medford, are giant sandstone-basaltic mesas with lava caps. There are trail heads off of Table Rock Road, where hikers can take the two mile trail to the top of Lower Table Rock. The incredible view includes the Rogue River, Siskiyou Mountains, and Medford. There is also a steeper mile-long trail to Upper Table Rock.
• The Medford Railroad Park is a great place for train buffs to visit. Located near Berrydale Ave. and Table Rock Road, the historic park features a vintage Medford Corp. logging train and other rolling stock.
BACKGROUND PROFILE: Product Development Engineer
• A BS degree (MS preferred) in electrical engineering.
• A minimum of one year’s experience leading small to mid-sized product development efforts within a manufacturing environment.
• Analogue circuit design experience preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years engineering experience.
• The ability to work with and facilitate the design of small electronic, mechanical, and optical assemblies.
• Experience transferring products from development to production.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.